If you have been trying your skills to create an online income or have been doing some research about the opportunities available to create an income online you probably have come across the term ‘list building’ or ‘the money is in your list’.
Most people turn white when they hear this and give up on the spot as it can sound really daunting How to actually build a list. And it’s not just about building a list but being able to use the list and turn it into money. It’s actually easier than you think once you understand the 7 important steps to be build a Great list.
And now you are asking ‘is there a list and a Great list’? List is list, right?! No, it’s not.
Why have a list of people who have no idea who you are and are completely uninterested in what you are offering…meaning they will never ever read your mail an turn into customers! You want to build a list of people who actually want to hear from you and are interested in what you have to say.
Obviously people’s life’s change constantly and some who are interested now might not be in 3 month, but trust me, if you do it the right way and engage with your List, they will stay interested no matter how they lives change. Let me explain…
List building is a long term strategy and you want it to happen organically. Yes you can buy lists but you will have no idea who these people are if they are actually interested, I mean truly interested in you and what you are offering.
Here is a great picture to understand ‘people’ you know:
So now let’s look at those 7 important must do’s to build a ‘great’ list
- Obviously you will connect and engage with people differently depending on where they fall, meaning in which circle and how close they are, as we just saw on the picture above. Your goal is to move them all as close as you can. Now this does not mean you will have to invite them for lunch on Sunday’s but you want to build rapport with everyone and get to know them. Why? You can only give people what they want if you ask them questions….and to ask them questions they need interact with you. The better you know each other the more people will open up about their problems, needs and wants.
- Share other people’s content that is relevant to you, your brand and your end goal (what you are actually offering – eg: balanced lifestyle) Remember you can Not market to everyone!
- Turn your blog/website into a lead machine, meaning have irresistible free offer and opt-in form that allow readers to opt-in to ready made high converting sales funnel. I can show you how easy this is if this sounds like mumbo-jumbo to you 😉
- Create and Share your own personal content. The easiest way is to share what you learn along your journey in life and with that assist others to cut down their number of mistakes along the way=pure value and people will love you for it! I call this ILT. Here is a super short video I made about this. ILT Video
- Enlist others for social proof. Consider having a testimonial section and reach out to others who already create amazing success by building a list…have this available on your blog/website. Mention their name and link to their sites (google loves this and will help with your ranking so people can find your site easier).
- Use Free AND Paid Advertising. Also known as Passive and Active advertising, Best Paid: PPC (pay per click), PPV (pay per view), short 3 lines ads, banners. Best: Social Media advisers themarketingheaven.com
- Mail your current existing list! As mentioned before you want to interact with your list and offer them Value on an ongoing basis. It has been proven that people need to see your stuff 7 times to act on any offers. Do Not bombard them with stuff to buy, rather offer free solutions, tips and tricks they can use to create more success and assist them in achieving their goals. Then they will share your posts which means you are building your list and this will also help you in building a greater authority for your name/brand.
So there you have it! If you have a blog/website you can easily create a great list with people who want to see your stuff regularly BUT you have to be active as well. This means posting if not daily than at least a few times per week so you are constantly giving value to people who chose to opt-in to your list.
Make sure you share you stuff on Social Media for better exposure and in no time your list will be growing.
One last thing though…..what you do with your list is another question. You obviously building a list so you can make money from it, right?! So if you are passionate about something, and I know everyone has some kind of a passion, just know that you CAN monetize this. How? Well that’s where I come in with my coaching skills….I can show you the safest and easiest way to make sure you keep your list engaged and don’t loose any of them along the way. This means a system that will keep your audience actually wanting to buy from you.
That’s all for now folks…
If you found this interesting and beneficial, do share and don’t forget to comment below. I love your input and suggestions to what to cover next 🙂
Make it a great day
PS: Need some coaching? Check here