Chia Seeds – The Best source of Omega-3 & 6 essential fatty acids. The seeds are perfect for diabetics and people watching or trying to loose weight. Chia seeds are also very beneficial to the heart and extremely high in fibre, calcium, complete protein, slowly processed carbohydrates and loaded with vitamins & minerals and antioxidants.
Consuming it daily is recommended but HOW is always the questions….here are 2 amazing and simple recipes to get you started.
Chia Energy Drink
Chia seeds are nutrient dens, and are great slow releasing energy source – keeping you fuller for longer. Adding them to your daily glass of water is the easiest way to stay hydrated and provides a great source of natural energy.
Superfood energy drink – use this basic recipe and get adventurous! Pomegranate, berries, coconut water – use your favourite flavours for a nutrient packed water.
– 1 big glass of cold filtered water
– 1 organic lemon/lime sliced
– 1 tbsp organic chia seeds
– if sweetness is desired: add stevia, rice malt syrup, raw honey, maple or coconut sugar
– optional: refreshing herbs like mint, peppermint, basil or coriander
Mix all ingredients together and stir well.
Leave for 5-10 min to allow chia to soak up as much water as possible. Stir occasionally to prevent clumping.
Vanilla Chia Pudding
This pudding is healthy enough for morning breakfast and sinful enough for an after dinner dessert.
– 1 ½ cups almond milk/coconut milk or milk of your choice
– ¼ cup organic chia seeds
– 1 tsp organic vanilla paste
– 1 tbsp organic raw honey or sweetener of your choice
Place all ingredients into a bowl and whisk together until well combined
Place into the fridge to set but take out to stir through occasionally to prevent clumping
Serve with fresh berries and/or drizzle of honey/syrup – or whatever takes your fancy.
PS: Looking for some personalized help with healthy eating, changing your negative thoughts, mindset etc. Click here how I can help