That stops now and you will understand in a minute…Everything is about to change…no matter what kind of business you are in!
The easiest way for me to explain Why I changed to Attraction Marketing from those horrible old school recruiting tactics is to just share my story & the facts with you today.
This will upset those ‘old school’ MLM gurus but I know there are plenty of you out there that will 100% relate to exactly what I am about to share with you. All I care about is helping those who resonate with what I am about to share.
When I first started in Online Marketing/MLM journey back in 2010, I started out in a company that was selling Personal Development products. The company kept saying it was not an MLM but a direct sales company, buy hey…same type of marketing needed for all I cared. I have always had a burning desire to change people’s lives and this product at that time was a great product to do just that. The buy-in cost me a whooping $25,000.00 in total to be activated on all levels. I started with $2285.- and worked my way up. I have to laugh, because honestly I would spend that 10x over knowing I can get the results I am getting today. I mean seriously you can’t even buy a business franchise for that….but that’s another story about franchising consultants and the like – for another day.
So, me being the “green” and “eager” new distributor, I did what my upline/sponsor said to do in order to be successful. Market, market, market and never stop marketing. Do more, do more, do more is what I got when I said I didn’t get any results.
I eventually made my money back but never really made it big time plus it came with a lot of stress, traveling and hours of talking to people.
Then in 2014 I decided to change to an MLM company that had more tangible products which would be more affordable for the everyday person plus it was offering real residual income…which was very appealing to me. But those tactics I was taught were really not my kinda thing….
1. Make a list of friends and family. Invite them to a conference call selling the business opportunity or products.
2. Make a list of the people I was scared to approach and invite them to the calls, because a for every no I get, I would get closer to a yes.
3. Make a list of all my doctors, lawyers, my kid’s friend’s mom, the bartender, the waitress, the insurance guy, the window cleaner, the mailman, the UPS guy, the dry cleaning guy, the cashier, the flower delivery guy, anyone that would or has been within 3 ft. of me. Hit those people up and get them on the conference calls or get them to the local meetings.
4. Go hangout at a cafe, meet people & show them the business plan.
5. Go to meet up groups and other meetings, collect business cards, pick up the phone the following week, cold call each and every person and invite them to see the business plan.
6. Post flyers up at the mall, in the restrooms, on the gas pumps, on cars at the gym, inside of books at the bookstore, you know the drill…ask EVERYONE…EVERYONE!
Sound familiar? I tried my best to make this work. I really needed something next to my yoga teachings. So, I sucked it up and did all of those things they recommended only feeling really bad by the end of the day….I started to make excuses and questions if this is really what I wanted/needed.
Damn….that was uncomfortable, now that I think back on it.
In fact, I remember contacting all my old Facebook friends that I had not talked to in years. You know how it goes….. that fake conversation that you have to start with just to make it appear you aren’t just contacting them out of the blue to pitch them, even though you are.
You know copy and paste and change the names up kinda messages they teach you…grrr. I did this over and over, every single day and I started to feel fake. I did not like who I was becoming…or pretending to be!
It was exhausting! Sure I had a few sign ups here and there. I had a few jump on board to also promote. Most of my downline couldn’t even recruit for the life of them not even their grandmother. Most were on a budget and the first thing to go was their auotship and you can probably guess what happened…they quit 1 month in! So there I was again the next month…pounding the pavement repeating everything you just read above, trying to re-build my business.
The amount of people I had available to pitch each day was getting smaller and smaller by the minute.
Here’s what I learned….
1. It sucked to randomly reach out to people you haven’t talked to in years just to pitch them, knowing you probably never would have reached out to them, had you not of had a product or opportunity to pitch.
2. It sucked going to meet-ups and instead of relaxing and enjoying actually just talking people, instead I was thinking about who my next victim was to invite to the next meeting or call.
3. Having my recruiting glasses on non stop to pitch my business and products to anyone within 3 feet of me was all I could think of. It was like everyone was fair game. Seriously I started to really question, my own integrity. Would I really be sitting here chatting with Mr. X if I didn’t have an agenda? It just felt wrong and dishonest to me.
4. I pretty much lost all my connections with my real friends and Facebook friends because they were annoyed with my constant status updates and pitching of my products and/or opportunity.
I think the biggest realization for me was when we took a family holiday to Europe after I had ditched “old school” recruiting tactics and realizing this was how life was suppose to be. Relaxing and enjoying the time with my family and friends, not worrying about who my next victim would be….yes even on holidays!
I was no longer desperate or in need of someone to talk to, because of attraction marketing people came to me instead. I was finally in control. People were seeking me out to join me in MY business. No longer was I the one chasing people. Do you know how liberating & empowering that is? No more getting rejected over and over again. I was finally FREE and Happy!
My new found freedom was all because of one simple strategy Attraction Marketing.
While on the verge of quitting, I came across a guy on the internet who was talking about how he recruited over 1732 people in one month, into his MLM, all via this one simple strategy, attraction marketing. He made some bold promises, that once I understood this concept, I would never have to chase people again. I would never have to call a lead again and people would be knocking on my door to join me in my business.
Yes, I thought it was all bullshit, but I was SO intrigued because I needed a different method, and exhausted from “old school” techniques and my team had dwindled down to just 2 remaining reps who were hanging in there by a thread.
To this day, I am thankful for my curiosity and desire to keep going. I saw an offer and jumped in head first …into a life-changing journey for ONLY $27. I would say that was $27 well spent.
1. It’s not really a numbers game like they said. Okay so it is somewhat a numbers game but my numbers sucked! Plus with obtaining those numbers came embarrassment. I learned that there was a way to recruit without all the rejection and embarrassment through attraction marketing.
2. I am not just one recruit away from a massive explosion in my business. Yeah right…sounds like lottery to me…I signed up to build a profitable business and not to gamble. I realized after studying attraction marketing that I didn’t have to fill the leaking MLM bucket anymore…instead my bucket was getting filled automatically.
3. Do what the big MLM leaders did to build their business, which is pound the pavement and you too will have success. These big MLM leaders they were referring to were the BIG wonders of the 80’s & early 90’s. Hello what century are we in now? Those tactics may have worked back then when the internet wasn’t really around, but today it’s a whole different ballgame and I realized after studying attraction marketing that my suspicions were true…there was a better way.
Let me just say right now…if you have made it this far in the post I can assume you are agreeing with me, right?! let me assure you that those ‘big leaders’ these days do use other tactics they are not telling you about… I bet they are using the internet…another blog post at another time.
Bottom line…there was no need for me to keep pounding the pavement when I could leverage automated systems to do all the heavy work for me.
Attraction marketing…to could get me more, leads and sales in my business without me ever having to pick up the phone again. Yes, you read that right…without picking up the phone!
Because of attraction marketing we no longer make cold calls, people contact us to join us. We can easily now take any business online, specifically on Social Media and instantly build it into a 6 figure income producing business. Yes, any business!
Today I get to watch my daughter grow up every single day and can spend those precious years being there for her. I no longer feel stressed about running my business and feel the stability regarding finances. Best of all I can enjoy talking to people about ‘normal’ stuff 😉
All because of attraction marketing….it even helped with my yoga and coaching business!
A concept I want to encourage you to learn more about, if this at all resonates with you. If you are looking for a way to finally make some real money in your business and build a stable income source.
Need help with all this? Sounds like you need some coaching…contact me today 🙂
Last but not least…if you found this post beneficial please share as I truly want to help as many people as possible to stop stressing and struggling and start making real money!
To you success